A Double Dose of Cronenberg Body Horror Heading Your Way This November from Scream Factory!!
One of the most unique filmmakers of all time, director David Cronenberg is huge to many, many horror fans and thanks to the gang over at Scream Factory, two of the Canadian filmmaker’s most beloved films are getting the Collector’s Edition Bluray treament this November. The November 15th release of DEAD RINGERS and the November 22th release of RABID marks the first time we’ve gotten Cronenberg output with the Scream Factory label on it, and I for one, think that’s awesome. Full info and spec are below. Will you fright fanatics be picking these classics up?
Claire Niveau (Geneviève Bujold) is in love with handsome Beverly. Or does she love Elliot? It’s uncertain because brothers Beverly and Elliot Mantle are identical twins sharing the same medical practice, apartment and women – including unsuspecting Claire.
In a role that won the New York Film Critics Circle Best Actor Award, Jeremy Irons plays twin gynecologists whose emotional dependency collapses into mind games, madness and murder. Cronenberg won the Los Angeles Film Critics Awards Best Director honors for melding split-screen techniques, body doubles and Iron’s uncanny acting into an eerie, fact-based tale .
Dead Ringers Bonus Features
DISC 1 (1.78:1 version)
- NEW Audio Commentary with writer William Beard, author of The Artist As Monster: The Cinema of David Cronenberg
- Audio Commentary with actor Jeremy Irons
- NEW 2K scan at the director’s preferred aspect ratio (1.66:1)
- NEW Carey’s Story – an interviews with Heidi Von Palleske (19 minutes)
- NEW Working Artist – an interview with Stephen Lack (24 minutes)
- NEW Connecting Tissues – an interview with special effects artist Gordon Smith (19 minutes)
- NEW Double Vision – an interview with director of photography Peter Suschitzky (12 minutes)
- Vintage interviews with Jeremy Irons, director/co-writer David Cronenberg, producer Marc Boyman and co-writer Norman Snider (17 minutes)
- Vintage Behind the Scenes Featurette (7 minutes)
- Theatrical Trailer
After undergoing radical emergency surgery, Rose (former adult film star Marilyn Chambers in her first leading role in a mainstream film) develops an insatiable desire for blood. She searches out victims to satisfy her incurable craving, infecting them with an unknown disease which, in turn swiftly drives them insane… and makes them equally bloodthirsty.
Follow the lovely but deadly Rose through her terrifying ordeal as victim by victim, the spreading circle of casualties grows… until no one can escape their grisly fate of becoming… Rabid.
Rabid Bonus Features
- NEW 2K scan from the negative at the director David Cronenberg’s preferred aspect ratio (1.66:1)
- NEW audio interview with author Jill C. Nelson (Golden Goddesses: 25 Legendary Women of Classic Erotic Cinema, 1968-1985) and Marilyn Chambers’ personal appearances manager Ken Leicht
- NEW Young and Rabid – an interview with actress Susan Roman (33 minutes)
- Audio Commentary with writer-director David Cronenberg
- Audio Commentary with William Beard, author of The Artist as Monster: The Cinema of David Cronenberg
- Archival interview with David Cronenberg (21 minutes)
- Interview with executive producer Ivan Reitman (13 minutes)
- Interview with co-producer Don Carmody (16 minutes)
- From Stereo to Video – A video essay by Caelum Vatnsdal, author of They Came from Within: A History of Canadian Horror Cinema (26 minutes)
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spot
- Radio Spots (U.S. and U.K.)
- Still Gallery