Rejoice! Scream Factory Unleashes a LEGION in the form of THE EXORCIST III: COLLECTOR’S EDITION; Hitting Churches and Shelves This October!
Look, I’m ready for the stoning to begin, so I’ll just say it: I love THE EXORCIST III. Not in a “hey, I dig that movie” kind of way. More like a”It’s better than the first film” kind of way, so this news could get someone pregnant if they were nearby me right now. It seems as if the gang at Scream Factory have it out for me, with their AMAZING releases of Brian de Palma’s RAISING CAIN, John Carpenter’s THE THING and now this bad boy. I’m having to see a therapist just to explain how every single film I adore is getting the Collector’s Edition treatment from the Shout Factory off-shoot, and my therapy bills are getting high.
Well, it would seem that the long-awaited Director’s Cut of the film (which is rumored to be much closer to Blatty’s novel, Legion (if you haven’t read the book, do it, I’ve read it three times in the last two years) is just one of the many wonderful features of this brand new release, scheduled for an October 25th release. For a full listing of all goodies included, read on!
For more than fifteen years Police Lieutenant Kinderman (George C. Scott) has been haunted by the death of his friend Father Damien Karras. Now, on the 15th anniversary of the exorcism that claimed the priest’s life, Kinderman’s world is once again shattered when a boy is found decapitated and savagely crucified. It’s just the beginning of a nightmare series of bizarre religious murders.
The brutal murders bear the hallmarks of the infamous Gemini Killer… who died in the electric chair fifteen years ago. But when a psychopath claiming to be the Gemini Killer reveals intimate, gruesome details that only the true killer could possibly know, Kinderman is confronted with a horrifying truth that he cannot begin to explain… and that will shake him to his core
The Exorcist III [Collector’s Edition] Special Features
DISC ONE: The Exorcist III (Theatrical Cut)
- New 2K scan of the inter-positive
- Vintage featurette
- Deleted Scene/Alternate Takes/Bloopers
- Deleted Prologue
- Vintage interviews (featuring behind-the-scenes footage) with writer/director William Peter Blatty, George C. Scott, Jason Miller, Ed Flanders, Grand L. Bush, executive producer James G. Robinson, production designer Leslie Dilley, Larry King and C. Everett Koop
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Photo Galleries
DISC TWO: Legion (Original Director’s Cut) 105 minutes
- NEW Audio interview with writer/director William Peter Blatty
- NEW A “Wonderfull” Time – interviews with producer Carter DeHaven, actors Clifford David and Tracy Thorne and production assistant Kara Reidy
- NEW Signs of the Gemini – an interview with Brad Dourif
- NEW The Devil in the Details – interview with production designer Leslie Dilley, assistant designer Daren Dochterman and illustrator Simon Murton
- NEW Music for a Padded Cell – an interview with composer Barry DeVorzon
NEW All This Bleeding – a look at the re-shoot and makeup effects with production manager Ronald Colby, editor Todd Ramsay, effects artists William Forsche, Mike Smithson, Brian Wade and actor/body double Charles Powell