If you haven’t already reduced your bank account to a barren wasteland thanks to Halloween goodies and decorations, then listen up primitive vinyl-heads because there’s some serious releases dropping this week! First up from Death Waltz and Mondo: THE BEYOND and FRIZZI 2 FULCI! MondoCon just ended its’ second year of being one of the greatest conventions in the world with a cavalcade of new illustrated masterworks, special screenings, and beloved scores hitting wax. Most importantly, this was the North American debut of one of horrors most beloved composers, Fabio Frizzi! Master filmmaker Lucio Fulci’s go-to guy for insanely eerie and legendary symphonies, his live set will be released as a double LP. Both of the aforementioned were available for attendees to grab first dips, but these (including variants) will be dropping at a random time tomorrow!
One Way Static is summoning Daniel Robitaille once more for a deluxe release of Phillip Glass’ CANDYMAN II: FAREWELL TO THE FLESH! Available in limited edition color, black, and cassette varieties, this is available to order now. The vinyl is limited to 500 and the cassette 250, so jump on these faster than you can say “Candyman!” five times!
Check out the artwork and details below!
The long awaited reissue of The Beyond – a masterpiece of Italian horror and one of Frizzi’s greatest scores – is finally here! Featuring newly remastered audio by Enricio DeGemini, cover art by Graham Humphreys and never before seen on set photographs from the personal collection of Larry Ray. We’ll have a few of the MondoCon Variant leftovers on sale as well as the online exclusive, which is pressed on solid and clear green vinyl with Orange splatter.
- Pressed on Green & Orange swirl with Red & Yellow Splatter (limited to 500 units) $30
- Opaque Green / Clear Green vinyl swirl with Orange Splatter (limited to 1,000 units) $30
We’re thrilled to be releasing a double live LP of Fabio Frizzi’s tribute to horror legend Lucio Fulci. Recorded in a church on Halloween to celebrate the Maestro’s first ever UK performance, this record features suites from all of Fulci’s classic films including The Beyond, City Of The Living Dead, Zombie Flesh Eaters, Contraband and many more! We’ll have MondoCon variant leftovers available tomorrow, as well as our online exclusive pressed on blue and Green split vinyl with orange splatter.
- Red & Blue Vinyl swirl with solid Green, Clear Green & White Splatter (Limited to 500 Units) $35
- Blue & Green split vinyl with Orange splatter (limited to 1,000 units) $35
One Way Static Records is excited to bring you their latest release, one where we had the chance to (again) work with legendary composer Philip Glass. This has been a much requested release we simply could not withhold from you!
Following up on our last year’s release for Candyman (1992) One Way Static Records is now proud to announce the release of Mr. Glass’ iconic motion picture soundtrack for Clive Barker’s 1995 CANDYMAN II (Farewell to the Flesh) on vinyl and cassette.
Clive Barker who wrote the story for Candyman is a multi talented artist, painter, director & producer. The extent of his work is endless. Spawning the likes of Nightbreed, Hellraiser, Lord Of Illusions and the Books Of Blood just to name a few.
Philip Glass also needs no introduction. Considered one of the most influential composers of the last century his works are featured in a multitude of movies like Koyaanisqatsi, Hamburger Hill, The Truman Show, etc. Mr. Glass was nominated for and won several Golden Globes, Bafta & Academy Awards.
For the first time on vinyl & cassette, packaged in deluxe old school tip-on gatefold jackets
- Color Vinyl Edition: Bee Haze or Silver/Yellow split (The variants are inserted randomly and are limited to #500 copies each worldwide. They come sequentially foil numbered (2 series of /500)). $25
- Black Vinyl Edition: Classic Black Vinyl (limited to #500 copies worldwide. Comes with obi-strip.) $20
- Cassette Edition: Deluxe Cassette Tape (limited # 250 copies worldwide with alternate artworks. Contains extra bonus material like foreign trailer audio exclusive to the tape version. #125 copies are package as a limited hand edition.) $7