Despite a much publicized and trouble production, WORLD WAR Z opened into theaters and made a ridiculous amount of money. It just goes to show no matter how much inside baseball reporting or negative hype exists, audiences will always flock to see Brad Pit versus hordes of zombies! If you missed it in theaters, come September 17th, you’ll be able to own & watch the most expensive zombie film ever made from the comfort of your home! It comes in a couple of different versions, including an unrated cut; 3D Blu-ray; and theatrical cut DVD. No word yet on if we’ll be able to see the oft discussed alternate ending that was scrapped at the last minute, but the inclusion of an unrated version is pretty appeasing!
Read on for the full details below!
Starring international superstar Brad Pitt and based on the best-selling and wildly popular novel, WORLD WAR Z, the tense and thrilling film follows a former United Nations investigator (Pitt) as he helps stop the chaotic pandemic that has gripped populations around the world. WORLD WAR Z features stunning visual effects and edge-of-your-seat action and suspense that take the Zombie apocalypse phenomenon to a more extreme and electrifying level.
- Feature film in high definition (Unrated version)
- Origins—The filmmakers discuss collaborating with renowned actor/producer Brad Pitt to create a Zombie film the likes of which have never been seen.
- Looking to Science—Explore the scientific realities of Zombie behavior in nature and learn more about Zombies in literature and film.
- WWZ: Production:
- Outbreak—Go on set with Brad Pitt and director Marc Forster for a behind-the-scenes look at the film’s breathtaking first attack in Philadelphia.
- The Journey Begins—Delve deeper into Gerry’s fight for survival during the dramatic escape in South Korea.
- Behind The Wall—Explore the epic scene in Jerusalem and discover the incredible logistics of creating the elaborate stunts and crowd sequences.
- Camouflage—Experience the final confrontation between Gerry and the Zombies and discover the phenomenal scope of the film’s production.
- Feature film in standard definition (Theatrical version)