Limited Edition TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 Blu-ray Buzzing From Arrow Video!
We spout our undying love about Scream Factory multiple times on a weekly basis, but our video loving hearts are also obsessed with another certain cult label from across the pond: Arrow Video! The UK based company has been voraciously acquiring & releasing cult classic favorites since their inception, and releasing them in deluxe editions that require a bucket to catch your drool. In a surprise reveal for their October slate of releases (which also includes Brian De Palma’s THE FURY, PIN, and THE BEYOND!)they’ve announced they’ll be releasing Tobe Hooper’s dark comedy sequel to one of the most influential horror films of all time, THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2!
A Limited Edition Blu-ray set containing 3 discs, a 100-page booklet, and a smorgasbord of bonus features is set for release on October 14th! Now this is limited to only 10,000 copies, so you’ll want to act faster than Grandpa with a hammer to secure yourself a copy that looks to be its definitive release. Check out the contents of the set below, and order directly from Arrow Video here while it’s only £19.99 (or $30 US!).
In 1974, Tobe Hooper quite literally changed the face of horror with his landmark film The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Although the hulking Leatherface and his trusty power tool left an indelible mark upon the cinematic landscape, it wouldn’t be until 1986 that the buzz came back… in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2!
Relocating the cannibalistic Sawyer clan to a cavernous, labyrinthian dwelling beneath an amusement park, Hooper’s deliciously demented sequel sees Leatherface and Co. continue their murderous exploits afresh. This time around, local DJ Stretch runs afoul of the Sawyers when she gets mixed up in the brutal slaying of two youngsters. Meanwhile, Lieutenant ‘Lefty’ Enright, is hell-bent on avenging the murder of his nephew Franklin in the first movie.
A cult classic in its own right, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 serves up a heady blend of gratuitous gore, socio-political critique and jet-black humour – whilst Dennis Hopper’s unhinged turn as Lefty needs to be seen to be believed! Whichever way you skin it, Leatherface’s second cinematic outing is an uncompromisingly delirious vision from one of horror’s great directors.
- High Definition digital transfers of three Tobe Hooper films
- Original uncompressed audio tracks for all films
- Limited Edition Packaging, newly illustrated by Justin Erickson
- Individually Numbered #/10,000 Certificate
- DISC 1 – THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a digital transfer supervised by Director of Photography Richard Kooris
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director and co-writer Tobe Hooper, moderated by David Gregory
- Audio commentary with stars Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams and special-effects legend Tom Savini, moderated by Michael Felsher
- “It Runs in the Family” – A documentary looking at the genesis, making-of and enduring appeal of Hooper’s film. With interviews including star Bill Johnson, co-writer L. M. Kit Carson, Richard Kooris, Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams, Tom Savini, Production Designer Cary White and more!
- Alternate Opening sequence with different musical score
- Deleted scenes
- “Still Feelin’ the Buzz” – Interview with horror expert Stephen Thrower, author of Nightmare USA
- Original Trailer
- DISC 2 [BLU-RAY] & DISC 3 [DVD] – TOBE HOOPER’S EARLY WORKS – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition (DVD) presentation of two of Tobe Hooper’s early works, available on home video for the first time in the world
- The Heisters (1964) Tobe Hooper’s early short film restored in HD from original elements [10 mins]
- Eggshells (1969) Tobe Hooper’s debut feature restored in HD from original elements [90 mins]
- Audio Commentary on Eggshells by Tobe Hooper
- In Conversation with Tobe Hooper – The legendary horror director speaks about his career from Eggshells to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.
- Trailer Reel of all the major works by Tobe Hooper
- 100-PAGE BOOK – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE
- Exclusive perfect bound book featuring new writing on the film by John Kenneth Muir, an overview of the Chainsaw franchise by Joel Harley and an investigation of Tobe Hooper’s three-picture Cannon deal by Calum Waddell, illustrated with archive stills and posters with more to be announced!