Being a special features junkie, I love finding out new things about films that I love. Judging from the sound of this press release regarding the new online streaming service YEAH!, a lot of folks feel the same. Check it out!
“AMC Networks, which owns and operates AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC Films, announces the launch of YEAH! , the first streaming movie service that is an entirely new way to watch movies online. Each YEAH! film is enhanced with interactive features including 400-500 individual pieces of original content curated from in-depth research. The new bonus content is displayed on-screen seamlessly without obscuring the movie, offering fans a choice of unique extras to engage with.”
YEAH! features iconic genre films — including sci-fi, horror and action-adventure. By renting films on YEAH! you’ll:
• Hear Richard Donner describe how Marlon Brando wanted his SUPERMAN character “Jor-El” to look like a bagel
• Watch Juliette Lewis and Tom Sizemore disagree on how his nose was broken while filming NATURAL BORN KILLERS
• Learn from Michael Madsen how Quentin Tarantino and Lawrence Tierney nearly came to blows on the set of RESERVOIR DOGS
• Find out real-life events that inspired Wes Craven to create A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
• And discover so much more about the films you love to watch… and then watch again
Films that will be available for rent on YEAH! in the coming months include:
SCREAM, RESERVOIR DOGS, 300, THE TERMINATOR, CLERKS, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, THE CROW, THE EXORCIST: DIRECTOR’S CUT, and many more!!
YEAH! films cost $4.99 at www.YEAHTV.com and are currently available for 48 hours.
Could be fun, but what do you Fright Fiends think?