IGN got the full specs from Universal Studios Home Entertainment on the upcoming HELLBOY 2: THE GOLDEN ARMY DVD, hitting store shelves on November 11th in a 3-disc special edition DVD and 2-disc Blu-ray Hi-Def. The flick was written and directed by Guillermo Del Toro and stars Ron Perlman, Selma Blair & Doug Jones. Here’s a portion of the press release including a list of the special features!
The roughest, toughest, most unlikely hero of all is back in Hellboy II: The Golden Army, available in 3-disc special edition DVD and 2-disc Blu-ray on November 11, 2008 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
With bigger muscle, badder weapons and more ungodly villains than ever before, Hellboy II: The Golden Army is available in multiple home entertainment versions. In standard definition DVD, fans can purchase either a widescreen or full frame single disc version for $29.98 SRP. And for a limited time only, fans can take home a widescreen 3-disc special edition DVD ($34.98 SRP) or 2-disc Blu-ray ($39.98 SRP), featuring a digital copy of the film and hours of additional in-depth bonus features that take fans deep inside the movie’s extraordinary creative process — all encased in 3-D packaging. Hellboy II: The Golden Army is also available in a limited edition collector’s set featuring all of the bonus features of the 3-disc special edition plus a collectible Golden Army statuette, limited edition poster, director’s production journal and certificate of authenticity. This set is priced at $64.98 SRP for standard definition DVD and $69.98 SRP for Blu-ray.
The Blu-ray, single- and 3-disc DVDs all feature the following bonus content:
* Feature Commentary with Director Guillermo del Toro.
* Feature Commentary with Cast Members Jeffrey Tambor, Selma Blair and Luke Goss.
* Set Visits: Seven mini documentaries provide viewers with unlimited access to the Hellboy II: The Golden Army set.
* Troll Market Tour with Guillermo del Toro: Using sketches and backstage video, del Toro walks the audience through the creation of one of the film’s most distinctive sets, the legendary Troll Market.
* Animated Zinco Epilogue Comic.
* Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary by Director Guillermo del Toro.
In addition, the Blu-ray and 3-disc special edition DVD also include the following in-depth features:
* Prologue: A special introduction to the DVD from director Guillermo del Toro.
* Director’s Notebook: Exclusive interviews, image scans and text from Guillermo del Toro’s personal notebook.
* Concept Art Gallery: Original designs and concepts for Hellboy II: The Golden Army’s costumes and sets.
* Hellboy: In Service Of The Demon: Over two hours of footage that takes fans into the creation of this film.
* Production Workshop: Professor Broom’s Puppet Theatre: A special look inside the opening sequence of the film including storyboards and animatics.
* Image Gallery Featuring Teaser Banners, One-Sheets and Poster Explorations.
* DVD Rom: Hellboy II: The Golden Army Script.
Only on the Hellboy II: The Golden Army Blu-ray can viewers enjoy the following interactive features:
* BD-Live: My Chat: Using your Internet-connected player, host a text chat with your friends who also own Hellboy II: The Golden Army on Blu-ray while you watch the movie in synchronization!
* Sneak Peek of Wanted: Watch never-before seen footage from the explosive action movie Wanted, starring Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy.
* My Scenes Sharing: Show your friends your favorite scenes from Hellboy II: The Golden Army via BD-Live.
* Comic Book Builder: Create an original downloadable Hellboy adventure by selecting still images from the movie, dropping them into comic book layouts and adding text. The result can be e-mailed to friends or published via BD-Live buddy lists.
* U-Control: Universal’s exclusive signature feature U-Control allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
* Scene Explorer: Schufften Goggle View: View scenes from the film as it progresses from storyboards and early renderings of the visual effects to the final film.
* Director’s Notebook: Fans will get an interactive glimpse at the director’s personal journal and view how early thematic concepts evolved into the final film. Includes an introduction by Guillermo del Toro.
* Set Visits: Interactive vignettes provide information about key moments in the film.
* Comic Book Back-Story Interactive Feature: Clickable motion pages provide backstories of the film’s characters.